Realtor® Magazine says that history shows that this is the week when “Homeowners looking for the greatest price premiums may find the best opportunities.” That would certainly be
Odd News Takes Don’t Affect St. Cloud Listings
Dated: May 6 2022
For homeowners preparing to add their own properties to the St. Cloud listings, data from the most recent U.S. activity was heartening—although it might not have seemed so given the way it was presented in some news outlets. Examples:
· From foxbusiness.com: “Housing industry getting hit by ‘perfect storm,’ billionaire real estate developer warns” (but the ‘perfect storm’ turns out to be “a real estate boom like we haven’t seen in the past.”)
· From thehill.com: “Is the U.S. housing market headed for a price correction?” (the pace of sales eased somewhat, but only because of the shortage of listings—while the latest analysis “suggested that around 54% of homes still sold above their list price.”)
· From fortune.com: “The odds of a home price decline hitting your local housing market…” (the possibility of a decline could be an issue because “inflation…is particularly hard-felt in the housing market”—yet in reality, for 86% of regional housing markets “the likelihood of a price decline is ‘low’ or ‘very low.’”)
· From monivation.com: “Former Hedge Fund Legend Calls The End of Real Estate” (but “he’s not predicting that housing prices will go bust” …this turns out to be another metaverse promotion that “could put $8,750 in your pocket even if you don’t do anything at all.”)
· From The Wall St Journal: “Decade-High Mortgage Rates Pose Threat…” (yet “intense demand has kept activity at historically strong levels.”)
The negative (but actually positive) character of last week’s reporting was perfectly captured by the NAR’s end-of-April blog heading, “Demand is Weakening but Still Outpacing Supply.” Although the number of tours given by Realtors® had fallen slightly, 87% of listings stayed on the market for less than a month. In fact, all across the country, properties typically remained on the market for an average of just 17 days!
The national shortage of residential listings can result in low sales totals—but the reasons for the gloomy-sounding news are positives for sellers. I’m always happy to share the latest activity in our local market—and this is the time of year when it’s interesting to track it. Call anytime!
Providing a superior level of informed, professional real estate services to buyers and sellers throughout Central Minnesota. We have agents specializing in residential, commercial, multifamily, new construction, existing, investment properties, foreclosures/REO, and short sales with offices located in:
Multiple Office Locations To Serve YOU!
Saint Cloud 320-259-4554
Little Falls 320-259-4554
Premier Real Estate specializes in MANY areas around Central MN including Saint Cloud, Waite Park, Rice, Royalton, Sartell, Royalton, Little Falls, Cold Spring, Saint Joseph, Elk River, Monticello, Ramsey, Saint Michael, Andover, Ham Lake, Anoka, Champlin, Buffalo, Glencoe, Brownton, Silver Lake, Kandiyohi, Dassel, Minneapolis, Maple Grove, Saint Louis Park, Saint Paul, Robbinsdale, Crystal, New Hope, Brooklyn Center, Brainerd, Nisswa, Aitkin, Albany, Coon Rapids, Sauk Rapids and more!
Passion for investing in real estate brought me to create Premier Real Estate Services in 2002. Years of purchasing, developing, and managing several rental properties, while assisting friends & cli....
Latest Blog Posts
Last week’s Friday the 13th passed without any notably unlucky local happenings. In fact, where St. Cloud real estate was concerned, it produced a couple of auspicious reports:·
In today’s jargon, any inventive shortcut for coping with modern life is being called a “hack”—and it needn’t have anything to do with computers. There are now ironing