It’s normally tricky business to predict the direction that the U.S. real estate market will be taking in any coming year, but in most years, projecting the situation for just a few months in
This Year’s St. Cloud Labor Day is a Little Bit Different
Doug Larson was a local columnist in Wisconsin who won national prominence for his droll observations. He came up with what is still the most often repeated joke about Labor Day: “If all the cars in the United States were placed end to end, it would probably be Labor Day.” Who would have ever guessed that the return to those traffic jams would feel like a welcome return to normalcy?
St. Cloud’s Labor Day, like everything else this year, is being celebrated a little bit differently—which gives rise to the answer to the first question in this year’s Ten-Question Labor Day Quiz:
1. This year, how should St. Cloud’s Labor Day be celebrated?
2. What did Aristotle call “The purpose of labor”?
3. What’s the symbol for Labor Day?
4. Should you work hard on Labor Day?
(variation: Should you loaf on Labor Day?)
5. When is Labor Day?
6. How long have Americans celebrated Labor Day?
7. What did Aristotle say ‘puts perfection in the work’?
8. How can you “never have to work a day in your life”?
9. Who invented Labor Day?
10. How did Margaret Mead say she learned the value of hard work?
2. To gain leisure
3. A muscular arm hefting a hammer
4. Not unless you have to. (var. If at all possible)
5. The first Monday in September
6. 138 years (or since 1882)
7. Pleasure in the job
8. Find something you love to do
9. Someone named McGuire (either Peter McGuire or Matthew Maguire, union leaders of the day)
10. By working hard
Here's hoping that this St. Cloud Labor Day finds you and your family in great health and with work you love to do awaiting your return. I’ll be hoping to hear from you to help make your next St. Cloud real estate gambit a resounding success!
Providing a superior level of informed, professional real estate services to buyers and sellers throughout Central Minnesota. We have agents specializing in residential, commercial, multifamily, new construction, existing, investment properties, foreclosures/REO, and short sales with offices located in:
Five Office Locations To Serve YOU!
Premier Real Estate specializes MANY areas around Central MN including Saint Cloud, Waite Park, Rice, Royalton, Sartell, Royalton, Little Falls, Cold Spring, Saint Joseph, Elk River, Monticello, Ramsey, Saint Michael, Andover, Ham Lake, Anoka, Champlin, Buffalo, Glencoe, Brownton, Silver Lake, Kandiyohi, Dassel, Minneapolis, Maple Grove, Saint Louis Park, Saint Paul, Robbinsdale, Crystal, New Hope, Brooklyn Center and more!
Passion for investing in real estate brought me to create Premier Real Estate Services in 2002. Years of purchasing, developing, and managing several rental properties, while assisting friends & cli....
Latest Blog Posts
For everyone whose springtime house-hunting plans were disrupted by the pandemic, it might seem best to just let the year pass before renewing the project, since things still haven’t settled